This is caused due to the decreased functioning of the lymphatic system
to clear this fluid naturally. Patients may experience symptoms such as
excessive swelling in the limb, pain, heaviness, and skin changes.
Patients can experience this condition for no known reason, or most
commonly after an incident such as cancer where the lymph nodes have
been removed. Emma’s years of experience and expertise aid her patients
to optimise limb volume so the patient can regain their independence and
quality of life once more.
Lymphedema Treatment Comprises of:
● Specialised Assessment.
● Specialised Manual Drainage techniques: this treatment drains excess
fluid and normalises the lymph system.
● Taping: this is a specialised method to reduce and stabilise limb / trunk
● Garments: specialised supports to reduce limb volume and prevent
● Teaching her patients, and their partners, these tools to self manage
and take control of their own health.
● Pilates and Home Exercise Programmes: specific to reducing and
minimising fluid build up, and preventative